With the stance, those wide wheels, the private plate and the Orranje G-Wing rear spoiler on the back, it’s hard to believe that Tom Penny’s MINI started life as a One D, the first and possibly most basic diesel New MINI. In fact, it was originally Tom’s dad’s MINI, which he bought new back in 2005. “Unfortunately, he passed away in 2010, leaving the MINI to me when I was old enough,” Tom explains.
How about the I KUY plate – what’s that all about Tom? “The number plate has been in the family since my grandad bought it for a car back in the ’60s – it was later passed on to my grandmother, then to my dad and then to me. So this MINI and the numberplate mean a lot to me and will be passed down to my children in the future,” he smiles.
- Airlift air suspension and management, lower control arms
- MK5 Golf front struts, custom top mounts and strut bases
- 17″ Japanese Racing JR11 Wheels Staggered 8.25″ 9.75″
- Smoothed R53 Cooper S Front Bumper
- Wrapped headlight surrounds, rear bumper and grille
- Dechromed beltline
- Factory tint rear windows
- Rear wiper removed
- Cut rear arches
- Orranje G-Wing rear spoiler
- Aftermarket stereo, speakers and subwoofer