Iv had a Fabia VRS for a long time now my original Fabia yellow was meant to be a daily so I could finish the restoration on my VW beetle then it got out of hand. On air ride and with a huge spec engine build courtesy of Darkside developments, the plans were huge to turn it into a full show car it was booked into for a respray with a mountain of parts awaiting to be fitted from audio to interior. Unfortunately, the car was involved in an accident and was written off, and parts stripped and sold apart from the new interior.
I was not looking for another Fabia but I was always interested in masons old car because of the colour and audio in it. When he contacted me that he was selling I had to go to view it. The car was tatty round the edges and covered with an inch of dust but I saw potential so I snapped it up as I knew about the low mileage engine and all the work on the car was top class, the plan was always to fit my interior that has never seen a car into my next car and the colour scheme was a match made in heaven. All the old suspension was removed to make way for airlift performance struts and v2 management. With the new bumpers and wheels, the car is totally revamped for a whole new look for show season.
About the car:
As stated the car sits on full airlift Performance suspension with OCD’s (only charged dubs) custom bottom sleeves with v2 management. Hiding this is a beautiful set of bbs rf’s for show season and for daily use a set of 3sdm 0.05 that are 9j all round! For the perfect fitment. The need for the performance struts come from the overly wide wheels and the engine supplied and fitted from VRS Northampton. All the stops were pulled out for this everything was replaced and then fitted a stage 2 hybrid pd150 turbocharger from turbo technics and a Milltek turbo back system. A smooth daily safe map produced 209hp perfect for a stock clutch and daily use.
Watch this space there is a lot more to come from this power plant in near future. The paintwork is one of the main selling points of the car for me the colour is gorgeous and really contrasts with the new interior when the light hits just right the metal flake really pop, also with wider arches and smooth vrs bumper, there are many features that people don’t notice in this car such as all the carbon fibre custom parts and touches. Once you look inside the car you first see the custom trimmed Recaro cs’s that sit well and look right in the car the polished cage really sets the interior off I have always been a fan of cages with back seats left in, Audio. Well, it has to be heard to be appreciated Shakey at Studio in car really excelled himself on this one from the smooth dash clock delete and iPad build with custom door pods to the hard line install in the boot all trimmed in Alcantara. The quality of sound is second to none with all the mids hitting right where they should thanks to the audison gear. All the audio is controlled through the iPad and fed to the audison bit one processor. No head unit in here.
- Turbo technics pd150 stage two hybrid Custom engine remap with EGR delete.
- Darkside developments FMIC and solid pipework
- Full Milltek 2.5″ exhaust system turbo back
- Pd150 head bolts
- Fuel filter relocate
- Long-ratio Cupra gearbox solid bush gear linkage and bracket
- Seat sport strut brace
- Airlift performance air ride with rear beam drop plates with v2 airlift management
- 3sdm 0.05 9j & BBS RF Fully poly bushed.
- Audi TT rear brake upgrade.
- Full respray in midnight purple engine bay still black.
- Audioson speaker upgrade av6.5k 2way speakers with custom door pods
- Audison av10 subwoofer
- Audison bit one processor
- Audison sr4 amplifier
- iPad dash and clock delete in Alcantara
- Mono280 steering wheel
- Recaro cs front seats retrimmed in leather with rear bench parcel shelf and door cards with custom seat covers
- Custom show roll cage
- Seat Cupra r splitter in carbon fibre
- Carbon fibre wipers, wing mirror bases, interior vents, rear lights, roof gutters
- Widened rear arches
- Lots of other subtle modifications…
Future plans include a new engine build and another respray to tidy up a few marks from daily use.